Mistakes to Avoid That You Don't Even Realize You're Making
Find out how to bring humor in even if you are not naturally funny and 9 things you need to stop doing in your presentations today
In this course, you receive ...
- clarity around whether you should add humor to your presentation
- the 4 R's of incorporating humor into your presentations even if you are not already naturally funny
- the 3-step process to ensure your audience consistently receives value from your presentations and to ensure you cover what you intended to cover (You'll never walk away from a presentation, upset, saying to yourself, "Ah jeez! I meant to tell them ...!")
- 9 of the BIGGEST mistakes to avoid when you communicate that you don't even realize you're making
Additionally, you get answers to these frequently asked questions:
- How can you incorporate humor in your presentation in a meaningful way?
- What's a natural way to lighten a serious topic when using humor is not your forte?
- How can you verify that you have presented the message you wanted to present?
- How can you tell that the audience valued your presentation?
Bridgett McGowen is an award-winning international professional speaker, a 2019-2020 official Forbes Coaches Council member, an author, and the owner of an independent publishing company. “Talks too much” was the consistent comment she received on her elementary school report cards, therefore, she figured she may as well do something with that "gift" and become a professional speaker!
Bridgett began her professional career teaching and tutoring for the Lone Star College System in the Houston, Texas area, then she went on to teach at Prairie View A&M University, a part of the Texas A&M University System (TAMUS), as well as University of Phoenix where she taught online Communication courses for more than a decade. Bridgett is a member of the Association for Talent Development, a past member of the National Speakers Association, and the 2018-2020 president of her local Toastmasters Club.
Bridgett has earned a bachelor's degree in communication as well as a master's degree. She has received the Master Presenter Award from University of Texas at Austin and two Fearless International Speaker Awards from Canada-based One Woman and has spoken on programs alongside notable figures such as
- Former President Barack Obama
- Oprah Winfrey
- Shonda Rhimes
- Alex Rodriguez
- Deepak Chopra
- Jada Pinkett Smith
- Chip Gaines
- Katie Couric
It was her work with TAMUS that moved her to become a faculty development consultant for an educational technology company, designing and delivering scores of high-impact webinars and workshops that cause audiences to bubble over with enthusiasm all across the globe.
Since 2001, she's been a professional speaker, and it was 2016 when she launched her professional speaking business out of necessity -- she was laid off. When she gets a microphone in her hand, there's no doubt that she owns it and that she loves what she does.
Any chance she gets to travel with her family, kick off her shoes, play in the sand, and enjoy a gorgeous sunset ... any chance she gets to simply enjoy life ... she does, and she encourages others to do so, too!