What You Must Do Before You Say a Word
It's not just what you tell your audience but also what you ask your audience that can make or break your presentation
In this course, you find out ...
- why mentally going through your presentation is insufficient preparation and what to do instead
- why no one responds when you ask, "Are there any questions?"
- the kinds of questions you should ask instead that will get you real answers from your audience
- how to instantly connect with your audience even if the audience doesn't know you from a hole in the wall
Additionally, you get answers to these frequently asked questions:
- What is a strategy to keep everyone engaged in the presentation?
- How do you engage, inspire for change, and keep people involved?
- How do you quickly build a strong bond with the audience?
Bridgett McGowen is an award-winning international professional speaker, a 2019-2020 official Forbes Coaches Council member, an author, and the owner of an independent publishing company. “Talks too much” was the consistent comment she received on her elementary school report cards, therefore, she figured she may as well do something with that "gift" and become a professional speaker!
Bridgett began her professional career teaching and tutoring for the Lone Star College System in the Houston, Texas area, then she went on to teach at Prairie View A&M University, a part of the Texas A&M University System (TAMUS), as well as University of Phoenix where she taught online Communication courses for more than a decade. Bridgett is a member of the Association for Talent Development, a past member of the National Speakers Association, and the 2018-2020 president of her local Toastmasters Club.
Bridgett has earned a bachelor's degree in communication as well as a master's degree. She has received the Master Presenter Award from University of Texas at Austin and two Fearless International Speaker Awards from Canada-based One Woman and has spoken on programs alongside notable figures such as
- Former President Barack Obama
- Oprah Winfrey
- Shonda Rhimes
- Alex Rodriguez
- Deepak Chopra
- Jada Pinkett Smith
- Chip Gaines
- Katie Couric
It was her work with TAMUS that moved her to become a faculty development consultant for an educational technology company, designing and delivering scores of high-impact webinars and workshops that cause audiences to bubble over with enthusiasm all across the globe.
Since 2001, she's been a professional speaker, and it was 2016 when she launched her professional speaking business out of necessity -- she was laid off. When she gets a microphone in her hand, there's no doubt that she owns it and that she loves what she does.
Any chance she gets to travel with her family, kick off her shoes, play in the sand, and enjoy a gorgeous sunset ... any chance she gets to simply enjoy life ... she does, and she encourages others to do so, too!