What's Great and What's Not So Great With Your Presentations
Find out what you do well with your presentations and where you're falling short even if you think you've always been on top of your speaking game
In this course, you receive ...
- a clear understanding as to why you should endeavor to have a plan and a strategy for presenting and communicating, not a collection of tips
- my personal, coveted 9-step (okay ... it's really 12 steps) strategy for creating amazing presentations ... from beginning to end, you know what to do to give your audience exactly what it needs and to ensure everyone is picking up what you're putting down
- my 4 C's of Focus that will keep you on track when you speak and that will reduce your nervousness
- your personal roadmap that includes what you already do well plus 4 areas that need improvement that will lead to you mastering your message
Additionally, you get answers to these frequently asked questions:
- What is a strategy for delivering an amazing presentation?
- How can you stay focused and remember what you need to say?
- How do you keep from feeling nervous?
- What can you do before you begin your presentation to make you more comfortable and to take away the nerves?
Bridgett McGowen is an award-winning international professional speaker, a 2019-2020 official Forbes Coaches Council member, an author, and the owner of an independent publishing company. “Talks too much” was the consistent comment she received on her elementary school report cards, therefore, she figured she may as well do something with that "gift" and become a professional speaker!
Bridgett began her professional career teaching and tutoring for the Lone Star College System in the Houston, Texas area, then she went on to teach at Prairie View A&M University, a part of the Texas A&M University System (TAMUS), as well as University of Phoenix where she taught online Communication courses for more than a decade. Bridgett is a member of the Association for Talent Development, a past member of the National Speakers Association, and the 2018-2020 president of her local Toastmasters Club.
Bridgett has earned a bachelor's degree in communication as well as a master's degree. She has received the Master Presenter Award from University of Texas at Austin and two Fearless International Speaker Awards from Canada-based One Woman and has spoken on programs alongside notable figures such as
- Former President Barack Obama
- Oprah Winfrey
- Shonda Rhimes
- Alex Rodriguez
- Deepak Chopra
- Jada Pinkett Smith
- Chip Gaines
- Katie Couric
It was her work with TAMUS that moved her to become a faculty development consultant for an educational technology company, designing and delivering scores of high-impact webinars and workshops that cause audiences to bubble over with enthusiasm all across the globe.
Since 2001, she's been a professional speaker, and it was 2016 when she launched her professional speaking business out of necessity -- she was laid off. When she gets a microphone in her hand, there's no doubt that she owns it and that she loves what she does.
Any chance she gets to travel with her family, kick off her shoes, play in the sand, and enjoy a gorgeous sunset ... any chance she gets to simply enjoy life ... she does, and she encourages others to do so, too!