Lights, Camera, AWESOME!: Creating Videos People Want to See
Everything you need to know before you click "Go Live!"
In the Lights, Camera, AWESOME!: Creating Videos People Want to See course, you will know …
- exactly what to say and how to say it in a way that makes it clear to the audience why everyone should watch your video ... no more fumbling and stumbling around to figure out what to say
- how to end your video with a powerful message that will have everyone waiting and wanting to see your next production
- the position you should always always always use when you are on video
- how to use purposeful body language that does not have you looking like an uncomfortable statue but that has you looking relaxed, open, and honest
- what to wear, what not to wear, and why that tight polka dot print or that herringbone pattern really is not a good idea
- how to use your voice for maximum effect so people want to listen and listen and listen to you
- what equipment to use (and no, you do not have to build a recording studio in your home or spend hundreds of dollars)
- when you should produce a video that is
- a narrated PowerPoint (PPT) slide deck where it's only your voice heard talking with a PPT on-screen;
- a PPT with video of yourself simultaneously engaged; or
- just a video of yourself talking with no PPT or other screenshare. (And you will know not just when you should produce each one but WHY one is better than the other depending on what you want to achieve and what your audience needs.)
Bridgett McGowen is an award-winning international professional speaker, a 2019-2020 official Forbes Coaches Council member, an author, and the owner of an independent publishing company. “Talks too much” was the consistent comment she received on her elementary school report cards, therefore, she figured she may as well do something with that "gift" and become a professional speaker!
Bridgett began her professional career teaching and tutoring for the Lone Star College System in the Houston, Texas area, then she went on to teach at Prairie View A&M University, a part of the Texas A&M University System (TAMUS), as well as University of Phoenix where she taught online Communication courses for more than a decade. Bridgett is a member of the Association for Talent Development, a past member of the National Speakers Association, and the 2018-2020 president of her local Toastmasters Club.
Bridgett has earned a bachelor's degree in communication as well as a master's degree. She has received the Master Presenter Award from University of Texas at Austin and two Fearless International Speaker Awards from Canada-based One Woman and has spoken on programs alongside notable figures such as
- Former President Barack Obama
- Oprah Winfrey
- Shonda Rhimes
- Alex Rodriguez
- Deepak Chopra
- Jada Pinkett Smith
- Chip Gaines
- Katie Couric
It was her work with TAMUS that moved her to become a faculty development consultant for an educational technology company, designing and delivering scores of high-impact webinars and workshops that cause audiences to bubble over with enthusiasm all across the globe.
Since 2001, she's been a professional speaker, and it was 2016 when she launched her professional speaking business out of necessity -- she was laid off. When she gets a microphone in her hand, there's no doubt that she owns it and that she loves what she does.
Any chance she gets to travel with her family, kick off her shoes, play in the sand, and enjoy a gorgeous sunset ... any chance she gets to simply enjoy life ... she does, and she encourages others to do so, too!