SESSION 6: Create an Absolutely Flawless Presentation
Find out what you must do that no one has ever told you to do to create a flawless presentation
You will know how to ...
- organize your presentation for maximum impact and so you immediately grab everyone's attention
- use a strategy to locate powerful, royalty-free images for your presentations
- have purposeful movements to support your message
- employ nonverbal communication tactics to show confidence, authority, control, and honesty
- effectively and diplomatically address difficult audience members without losing your cool
- effortlessly answer difficult questions
- expertly conclude your presentation so everyone knows this was time well spent, and if given the opportunity to hear you speak again, everyone will gladly jump at the opportunity
- use a 2-step process for creating flawless presentations
- use the 3-part template to seamlessly tailor presentations to fit different lengths of time and to work if you are presenting alongside others
- avoid the 15 biggest mistakes presenters make
Bridgett McGowen is an award-winning international professional speaker, a 2019-2020 official Forbes Coaches Council member, an author, and the owner of an independent publishing company. “Talks too much” was the consistent comment she received on her elementary school report cards, therefore, she figured she may as well do something with that "gift" and become a professional speaker!
Bridgett began her professional career teaching and tutoring for the Lone Star College System in the Houston, Texas area, then she went on to teach at Prairie View A&M University, a part of the Texas A&M University System (TAMUS), as well as University of Phoenix where she taught online Communication courses for more than a decade. Bridgett is a member of the Association for Talent Development, a past member of the National Speakers Association, and the 2018-2020 president of her local Toastmasters Club.
Bridgett has earned a bachelor's degree in communication as well as a master's degree. She has received the Master Presenter Award from University of Texas at Austin and two Fearless International Speaker Awards from Canada-based One Woman and has spoken on programs alongside notable figures such as
- Former President Barack Obama
- Oprah Winfrey
- Shonda Rhimes
- Alex Rodriguez
- Deepak Chopra
- Jada Pinkett Smith
- Chip Gaines
- Katie Couric
It was her work with TAMUS that moved her to become a faculty development consultant for an educational technology company, designing and delivering scores of high-impact webinars and workshops that cause audiences to bubble over with enthusiasm all across the globe.
Since 2001, she's been a professional speaker, and it was 2016 when she launched her professional speaking business out of necessity -- she was laid off. When she gets a microphone in her hand, there's no doubt that she owns it and that she loves what she does.
Any chance she gets to travel with her family, kick off her shoes, play in the sand, and enjoy a gorgeous sunset ... any chance she gets to simply enjoy life ... she does, and she encourages others to do so, too!
StartREAD 1: Do This, and Everyone Will Listen to You!
StartREAD 2: Got a Difficult Audience Member?! Here's What to Do!
StartREAD 3: The 7-Step Expert Method to Answer Audience Questions
StartREAD 4: 15 Things You Should Never Ever Do When You Present
StartREAD 5: It's Okay If I Turn and Read My Slides, Right?
StartREAD 6: Always Use a Mic Except When ...